حسام أحمد القدومي31-05-2022
Summary Statment ملخص مهني
Husam Qaddumi was born in Palestine. BA in English Language and Literature, M.A.(honors) in TEFL, and Ph.D. (honors) in Applied Linguistics -TEFL. He is currently an Associate Professor of EFL. Qaddumi has taught on more than 40 university courses over the last 18 years, including linguistics and literature courses. Qaddumi worked on international projects such as Erasmus + Project TEFL e-PAL. His main research interests are language learning and language acquisition, language learning anxiety, motivation and attitudes, and technology in language education. Dr. Qaddumi was the Faculty of Humanities Dean and the head of the English language department - at Istiqlal University / Jericho / Palestine.
My basic goal as a university educator is to create a teaching-learning environment where I can find my students as critical thinkers. Additionally, motivating my students is one of my primary goals which are very important. I believe I can evoke them through interaction, active learning, effective participation, and communication. My job is to help my students be successful. I work hard to help them do their best in the class. I believe that I am committed to my students’ education; I hope to influence and inspire them for active learning, critical thinking and inquiry. I am confident that I can make them future leaders. I also feel that innovative technologies should be used. Technology pervades practically every aspect of our lives, and research demonstrates that incorporating technology into our curriculum improves and deepens learning.
1. English Langauge and Literature
2. MA ELT
3. Ph.D. Applied Linguistics (Foreign Language Teaching)
Employment History الخبرات العملية
1. State Schools (MOE) for four years
2. QOU for 16 years
3.Al Istiqlal University for 14 years
- English Language 101
- English Language 102
- Literary Appreciation 1
- Literature 2
- Literature 3
- ELT 1
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Discourse Analysis
- Listening Skills 1
- Listening Skills 2
- Structure 1
- Teaching English to Elementary School Children
- Translation 1
- Translation 2
- Graduation project QOU
- English for Military and Security1
- Listening Skills1: ESP Diploma
- Listening Skills 2: ESP Diploma
- English for TOT
- 21. ESP
- 22. Structure 2
- Reading for Security Personnel 1(ESP Diploma)
- Reading for Security Personnel 2(ESP Diploma)
- English for law enforcement (English 1)
- Applied Linguistics
- Q Skills for Success 1
- Q Skills for Success 2
- English Unlimited
- Senior Seminar at QOU 2014-2017
- Senior Seminar at IU 2017 + 2021
- Sociolinguistics 2018-2019
- Psycholinguistics 2018-2019
- Phonetics and Phonology 2018-2019+2020-2021
- Special topics in linguistics 2019-2020
- Semantics 2019-2020
- Psycholinguistics 2019-2020
- College English 2019-2020
- English Intermediate 2020-2021.
- Law and Criminology term 2020-2021
- Advanced English 2020-2021
- English 101 MIS 2021
- English for Tourism 2021-2022
Course description: This course focuses on theory and practice in the analysis and description of modern English, emphasizing syntax.
Learning outcomes and competencies:
At the end of the course the learner is expected to be able to:
Identify the meaning of Syntax.
familiarize you with the difference between grammar and structure.
familiarize you with the Tree diagram.
familiarize you with the constituents.
familiarize you with the abbreviations related to syntax.
familiarize you with the basic phrases and rules
familiarize you with the ambiguity.
familiarize you with the X-bar theory.
familiarize you with the transformational generative grammar
familiarize you with the surface structure vs. deep structure
Conferences / Talks مداخلات علمية / مؤتمرات
- Academic colloquia –Grad Park- Ramallah -(2006) Amideast. Attending.
- Academic colloquia – Grad Park- Ramallah (2008) Amideast. Attending.
- Bierzeit University: Let us think together and make difference (2012) Attending.
- QOU: The reality of the teaching-learning process in the Jordan Valley Jericho- (2013)
- Muvenbick Hotel Ramallah, (2014), A Vision of Teaching Excellence. A workshop organized by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, USAID and Amideast. Attending.
- Language and Education Conference in Morocco, April 2017(participant)
- The 9th international Academic scientific conference Istanbul -Turkey 17-18 July 2018(participant).
- A member of the Faculty of Humanities Council 2018-2020
- A member of the Faculty of Humanities Council 2021-2022
- Head of Quality Assurance Committee at the Faculty of Humanities 2021-2022
- A member of the Department of Languages Council 2019-2022
- A member of the editorial board at Al Istiqlal University Journal of Security Studies.
- A member of the committee responsible for the master of psychology.
- A member of the committee responsible for preparing the application for the postgraduate faculty
- Developed the plan of Capacity Building offered to Al Istiqlal University by The British Council in cooperation with British Council 15/6/2018-
- Erasmus+ visiting professor at Anadolu University 8/4/2018-15/4/2018.
- Member of dissemination part in the project Erasmus+ 2018.
- A member of the selection committee for the Security sciences MA applicants in Turkey 2018.
- Supervisor on IU EFL Projects. 2021-2022
- A member of the e-learning committee at Al Istiqlal University 2018.
- Coordinator of Foreign Language Development project joint with QOU in 2016.
- Erasmus+ committee member at IU 2016-2017
- Supervisor on QOU EFL Projects Seminars. 2017
- A member of the Identity: Present and Future conference scientific committee.2016-2017
- A member of the “Identity: Present and Future conference organizing committee”.2016-2017 organized by IU.
- Head of Islamic Culture curriculum committee at IU
- External examiner of three M.A. theses in EFL at An-Najah University - Nablus, 2014-2016.
- Coordinator of Hebrew Language program 2015-2016.
- A member of the coordination committee between Al Istiqlal University and International Bank Project 2014
- Chief Editor of the third educational conference at Al Istiqlal University 2-12-2013.
- Head of the admission committee for security personnel 9-9-2013.
- Coordinator of English language program at Al Istiqlal University-2013-2017
- Coordinator of English language admission committee at Al Istiqlal University 2013-2017.
- Created the English language admission test 2013/2014.
- Head of Curricula Department at Al –Istiqlal University- 2011-2016
- Head of EFL department at Al-Istiqlal University - 2008-2009
- A member of the quality assurance committee at Al –Istiqlal University.2011-present
- Head of the minor quality assurance committee at Al –Istiqlal University- 2012.
- A member of the academic council at Al –Istiqlal University-2012-2014.
- A member of the Palestinian Academic Council since 2012.
- A member of the strategic planning committee at Al –Istiqlal University.2012
- Coordinator of ESP diploma at Al –Istiqlal University.2012-2013
- A member of the steering committee of the third educational conference at Al-Istiqlal University. 2013
- Head of admission committee (ESP diploma candidates)2012-2013
- Trainer of EFL course at the QOU for 3 months. 2011
- Head of Faculty of Languages Steering committee. 2012-2013
- Supervisor on QOU EFL Projects. 2011.
- Editor of research papers and articles conducted by the academic staff at Al –Istiqlal University.2010-present
- EFL lecturer at the PASS since 2008.
- Guest Speaker: Arab American University of Jenin 2008
- A part-time lecturer at Al Quds Open University (16 years )
- Teacher trainer: trained EFL teachers on how to teach EFL in the Palestinian context 2002.
- A head of English curriculum committee in the Ministry of Education and Higher Education -Qalqilya.
- Chief Editor for the second educational conference at Al Istiqlal University 2013.
- A member of the scientific committee of "The reality of the teaching-learning process in the Jordan Valley " organized by QOU 2013.
- Designing the ESP diploma program which was accredited by the AQAC and MOHE.2011-2012
- Designing the modern languages bachelor program which was accredited by the AQAC -MOHE.2013
- Translated and edited many works issued by the PASS.
- Translated both police sciences, tourism and antiquities and military sciences syllabi 2010.
1. Erasmus+ visiting professor at Anadolu University
2.TEFL -ePal project
Honors and Awards جوائز و مرتبة الشرف
1. Ph.D. First Honour
2. MA First Honour
3. BA Top ten in English Department
Service خدمات / أعمال إدارية
1. Former Head of Department of English
2. Former Head of Curriculum and Instruction Department
3.Former Dean of Humanities Faculty
Licenses / Certification رخص / شهادات
- Phonetics Course
- Methods of teaching the Palestinian curriculum.
- Methods of teaching English to secondary schools
- SPSS Course
- Methods of teaching English to secondary schools(2).
- Teaching listening, speaking, reading, writing, communication, and representation skills(British council trainers )
- ICT in language education.
- Seminar For Excellence in Teaching (Part One).
- Seminar For Excellence in Teaching (Part Two).
- Online PEARL Course
- Teaching Listening Skills
- Methods of teaching
- Dealing with listening, developing learners speking skills, developing learners writing skills, presentation techniques for teaching grammar, ICT and supplementary materials
- Assessment and evaluation
- Computer use: a brainstorming
- Virtual Classes
- Blackboard collaboration.
- Program Design delivery and Monitoring
- Digital Literacies and Innovative Pedagogies: experiential learning.
- Blended learning in ELT
- Curriculum planning &material development for ELT
- English for Freelancers
- Curriculum Planning and Material Development for English Language Teaching
- Blended learning and technology integration
- Open learning and Distance Education
- Driving Licence
Interests / Skills اهتمامات / مهارات
language learning and language acquisition, language learning anxiety, motivation and attitudes, and technology in language education.